TravelPod ( A TripAdvisor/Expedia company ) is looking for a talented designer and who’s also a meticulous front-end coder to take ownership of the front-end of our site.
TravelPod is the web’s largest travel blogging platform and information site. Beyond working directly on TravelPod itself, we are focused on the cutting edge platforms that are defining the future of travel research and sharing of experiences.
This is a great opportunity to work with a small, talented team that is pushing innovation in the online travel space. TravelPod is backed by Expedia and TripAdvisor, the world’s largest and most trusted travel media site, so you’d get the benefits of a nimble startup with the security of a corporate job.
We’re looking for people who are excited about what they do, thrive on going above and beyond expectations and enjoy getting things done, quickly. At TravelPod you’ll never get bogged down in process, speed always wins.
You will be working with a small but passionate team at TravelPod & TripAdvisor. TravelPod is a fun and exciting place to work at and we’re looking for someone to share their energy with us.
In this role you can look forward to…
- Produce static design mockups & clickable prototypes
- Produce consistent quality in an unstructured environment with minimal process
- Learn how to navigate our backend code
- All the other stuff that comes up… we all wear a lot of hatsTr
What you can bring to the team…
- A passion for the Internet
- Strong eye for visual design within the constraint of a commercial, metrics driven website
- Carnal knowlege of cross-browser issues
- Crave simplicity and drool over well written copy
- Experience with templating
- Must be local or willing to relocate to Ottawa
- An exceptional portfolio of past work
- +2 points if you read seomoz regularly
- +5 points for Flash experience
- +10 points if on top of all that you’re also a perl guru or have other backend development experience
- The web’s first travel blog hosting platform ( since 1997 )
- The web’s largest travel blog platform with over 4 million visitors each month.
- Ottawa’s biggest consumer web business: http://www.techvibes.com/blog/peer-1-ottawa-startup-index-august-2009
- Canada’s #8 largest web business: http://www.techvibes.com/blog/peer-1-canada-startup-index-august-2009
Why work at TravelPod?
- Work on projects that help millions of traveller’s have unforgettable trips.
- Giant monitors for everyone.
- Work on a PC or a Mac, your choice.
- You’ll never get bogged down in pointless processes and paper work, speed wins at TravelPod.
- Work with some of Ottawa best and brightest.
- Enjoy a few Fridays off with our flexible summer work schedule.
- Weekly beer & snacks Friday social time.
- Giant whiteboard walls.
- All of the great things about a startup without any of the startup risks ( we’re 100% owned by Expedia ).
- Very competitive benefit package.
- TravelPod is located in one of Ottawa’s most central spots, the Byward Market.
- Open concept working environment with quiet rooms and comfy couches for think time.
- Avoid Ottawa’s cold winters, you don’t have to go outside to get coffee at the in-building Second Cup.
- If you like eating tasty shawarmas ( or any other type of food ) dozens of great eateries are all within walking distance.
- Indoor bike storage.
- Large shower rooms for an active commute to work.
- In the summer, enjoy a breath of fresh air on our office balcony overlooking Rideau street.
Please apply online at www.tripadvisor.com/careersBy Scott Lake
Leave a Reply